Chanticleer Reproaches and Trisagion Mysteria: Gregorian Chants
1. For your sake I scourged your captors and their firstborn sons, but you brought your scourges down on me.Antiphon: My people, what have I done to you? How have I offended you? Answer me!
2. I led you from slavery to freedom and drowned your captors in the sea, but you handed me over to your high priests.
3. I opened the sea before you, but you opened my side with a spear.
4. I led you on your way in a pillar of cloud, but you led me to Pilate’s court.
5. I bore you up with manna in the desert, but you struck me down and scourged me.
6. I gave you saving water from the rock, but you gave me gall and vinegar to drink.
7. For you I struck down the kings of Canaan. but you struck my head with a reed.
8. I gave you a royal scepter, but you gave me a crown of thorns.
9. I raised you to the height of majesty, but you have raised me high on a cross.
- Filtered Foliage
- Sanders: The Reproaches