Lots o’ Links… thank you, Facebook friends, for all the interesting fare you post every day. There’s always more than I could ever have time to read! Here’s just a sampling from this morning:
- Obama v Romney Current Electoral Map – so far, not so good for Romney. In an election year such as this, I survey the choices we have before us, and, reflecting upon the level of virtue in our nation, ask myself: have we, as a nation, given any evidence whatsoever that we deserve a virtuous, benevolent and Godly leader? I think it is the nature of democracy that the voters get exactly what they deserve. Kyrie eleison.
- Beware of Backfire – Striking Chicago teachers may turn Illinois into Wisconsin.
- Abolish Human Abortion Drop Cards – These are an inexpensive and non-confrontational way to provide an opportunity for reflection wherever you go. You never know what God will do with that seed you drop as you walk out the door…
“Most people are happy to live in a world where discussion of abortion only occurs in churches and political stump speeches. Most people want to drink their coffee, eat their fast food, watch their movies, and go about their day without thinking about abortion and considering what it might take to effect its abolition. As abolitionists we know that 3,500 unborn human beings are being killed every day, and that this is not something we can just push out of our minds or keep secret. Most of the people in our world don’t know this. Many of the people who do, don’t want to talk or think about it. Well, one of the primary jobs of an abolitionist is to make people think about and these Drop Cards are designed to facilitate just that.
Of course it is okay to drink coffee, eat fast food, watch movies, and go about your day in a normal way, but as an Abolitionist you ought to drop one of these cards everywhere you go. Take every opportunity available to bring the darkness of abortion out into the light of day and spread the message of abolition!”
- The Theology of the Body in a Nutshell
- Bishop Releases third edition of “Catholics in the Public Square” during EWTN family weekend – so thankful for the strong, compassionate, and orthodox leadership and teaching of our wonderful Bishop, Thomas J. Olmsted.
- Pat Robertson urges man to become Muslim so he can beat his wife – I agree with the blogger – “he should quietly unplug his microphone.”
- Insomnia in Children with Asperger’s and High Functioning Autism – good advice here. Been dealing with this insomnia problem for years in both myself and The Boy.
- Echolalia in Children with Asperger’s and High Functioning Autism – I’m always excited when I find out “it’s not just my son!” and “hey, there’s a word for that?!”
- Gardisil Researcher Speaks Out – So many problems with this vaccine…
- Why a Shingles Epidemic is Bolting Straight at the U.S. – the chicken pox vaccine never made sense to me.
- Countering the “Catholic Doctor” Deception – Wolves in sheep’s clothing!
- A Case for Classical Education – our home-schooling preferences have always leaned in this direction, despite a few pedagogical tangents over the years. This article primarily refers to the Catholic parish schools that are moving toward a classical model.
- Course Builder by Google – this is pretty cool!
- Lesson Planet – search 400,000+ Teacher Reviewed Lesson Plans and Worksheets
- Homecoming Weekend